The demand for healthcare works in our region is growing and a significant number of jobs are available in the healthcare industry. The average wage for healthcare jobs in our region exceeds the state average wage and offers many opportunities for career advancement.
Estimated number of healthcare jobs in Buncombe, Henderson, Madison and Transylvania Counties as of Q42019
- Healthcare employers are engaged in supporting their employees because they understand that quality health outcomes start with a qualified, skilled and motivated workforce.
- There are many opportunities for career advancement and continuing education sponsored by healthcare employers.
- There are several large hospital systems with 1,000 to over 10,000 employees each, as well as many physician primary care and specialty practices.
- The region has an extensive number of long-term care facilities, assisted living and retirement communities that offer competitive employment.
- Employers are seeking healthcare workers from entry-level to physicians and advanced positions.