There are estimated to be around 5,000 new jobs in hospitality and tourism in our local area by 2018. Many employers will help you get certificates or additional training to help advance your skills and your career.
Estimated number of total hospitality and tourism jobs in Buncombe, Henderson, Madison and Transylvania Counties as of Q42019
- In Asheville alone, there are more than 100 independent restaurants across 29 culinary tastes.
- There are more than 10 million visitors each year to our area. 1.4 million people visit the Biltmore Estate.
- This region has more than 1700 square miles of state and national forest land, that bring those people to the area, including Pisgah, Dupont, and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
- There are 12 new hotels in downtown Asheville alone to be completed by 2018, a total investment of $187 million dollars. Over 25 hotels have been built or are currently in the planning and construction phase in the region.
- The Blue Ridge Parkway and Great Smoky Mountains National Park add $1.8 billion to the local economy.
- Tourism Development Authorities in the four-county region invest lodging tax revenue to attract visitors to the region, expanding the customer base, and providing free sales and marketing to thousands of tourism-related businesses.