If you have a passion for technology and problem-solving, a career in the IT/tech industry might be for you. In Buncombe, Henderson, Madison and Transylvania Counties, there are many job opportunities in the IT/tech sector, with an estimated 3,867 jobs.
Career opportunities in IT/tech include software development, web development, cybersecurity, network administration, database management, and more. With the rapid pace of technological innovation, there is always a demand for skilled workers in the industry.
Average earnings per technology and IT jobs in the Local Area, from ESMI data.
Estimated number of Tech / IT jobs in Buncombe, Henderson, Madison and Transylvania Counties
Entry-level jobs in the IT/tech industry typically involve providing technical support to customers or users, troubleshooting software and hardware issues, and assisting with the maintenance of computer systems. As you gain experience and skills, you can move up the career ladder and take on more advanced roles.
One way to advance your skills and career in the IT/tech industry is to obtain certifications or additional training. Many employers in the industry will provide opportunities for their employees to obtain certifications and training to keep up with the latest advancements in technology.
With the region’s growing economy and increasing reliance on technology, there is a high demand for skilled workers in the IT/tech industry. Some of the main areas of growth in the industry include software development, cybersecurity, and data analytics.
Whether you are interested in working for a large technology company or starting your own tech venture, there are plenty of opportunities for a fulfilling and lucrative career in the IT/tech industry in Buncombe, Henderson, Madison and Transylvania Counties.
- Asheville is the 7th fastest growing tech hub in the nation based on an analysis by Linkedin’s Economic Graph team.
- Asheville Digital Nomads now has over 1,000 members representing individuals in the region who work remotely.
- The Asheville metro has the secret sauce to attract tech talent per hypepotamus “The Entrepreneurial Journey Looks Different in Asheville, and it is Bringing New Tech Talent to Town”
- 78.6% of local Tech/IT employers expect to grow their workforce to grow over the next three years.
- The top industry-specific degrees and credentials sought are Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field of instruction, CompTIA Certification, EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker, SANS Institute trainings, and SOC Analyst Certification.
- The most job openings are projected to be for Software Developers, Programmers & Engineers, Computer, networking and IT support professionals, Business Development Professionals, Account Managers and Technical Sales Representatives.